Press Releases 16-01-2017
- Chandigarh, Jan 16 – Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal, today announced to give Rs 10 crore for various development projects in village Bhainswal Kalan, district Sonepat. These included arrangement of canal-based drinking water supply, canal water for irrigation of fields and making roads pucca.
- The Chief Minister was in the village to attend the wedding of noted wrestler, Mr. Yogeshwar Dutt.
- Extending heartfelt wishes and blessings to the newlyweds, the Chief Minister said that Mr. Yogeshwar Dutt had brought laurels to the village on the global stage through his hard work.
- Accepting the demands raised by the people of the village, Mr. Manohar Lal directed the concerned officers to implement canal-based drinking water supply and also canal water for irrigation in the village fields.
- On the demand for opening a government college in the village, he said that the State Government had framed a policy for opening government college at every 20 kms, and a college would be established in village Bhainswal Kalan after examination of the demand.
- Chandigarh, Jan 16 – Haryana Government would establish State Level Internal Security University at Haryana Police Complex, Madhuban.
- Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal, accorded in-principle approval for this project.
- Former Vice-Chancellor, Sardar Patel University of Police (Security and Criminal Justice), Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Mr. M.L. Kumawat, delivered a presentation in this regard in a meeting held with the Chief Minister recently.
- Those present in the meeting included Director General of Police, Dr. K.P. Singh and Inspector General of Police (CID), Mr. Anil Rao.
- Chandigarh, Jan 16 – Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has decided to launch diploma course for sports training in Rohtak.
- This was announced by Union Minister of State of Youth Affairs and Sports, Mr. Vijay Goel, at the closing ceremony of the 21st National Youth Festival-2017 in Rohtak today.
- Urging the youth to utilise their energy for the development of the country and society, the Minister said that they should participate in sports and recreational activities along with focusing on work and career-building. He said that programmes such as ‘Digital India’, ‘Stand-up India’, ‘Start-up India’, ‘Make in India’ and ‘Swachh Bharat’ were youth-centric, and the youth should also impart training regarding methods of digital payments to the people around them.
- Lauding the Haryana Government for organising the festival on a grand scale, Mr. Vijay Goel, also highlighted the achievements of the State Government, including the successful implementation of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ programme.
- Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal, exhorted the youth to serve their parents, stay away from drugs, maintain national identity and maintain a strong personal character. Wishing for bright future of the participants from all parts of the country, he was all praise for the excellent performance of dance, plays, song, folk dance and other performances put up by them during the festival. He said that the festival had provided a platform for strengthening of the spirit of unity in diversity and national integration.
- Those present on the occasion included Haryana Governor, Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Mr. Anil Vij, Minister of State for Cooperation, Mr. Manish Kumar Grover, Additional Chief Secretary, Sports and Youth Affairs Department, Dr. K.K. Khandelwal, Director, Sports and Youth Affairs Department, Mr. Jagdeep Singh, and other prominent personalities of the area.