Press Releases 21-01-2017
- Chandigarh, Jan 21 – With a view to celebrate the 350th ‘Prakash Utsav’ of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in a befitting manner, the Haryana Government would organize a magnificent ‘Samagam’ at Karnal on February 12,2017. Also, a committee would be constituted to prepare a blue-print to organize the ‘Samagam’. On this occasion, many schemes and projects named after Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji would also be launched.
- This was revealed by the Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal in a meeting with the representatives of Sant Samaj, who had called on him from various parts of the state, here today.
- He said that the programmes related to the ‘Prakash Utsav’ of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji should be organised throughout the year. The programmes should be organised in schools, gurdwaras and deras to apprise the people about his life and deeds, especially the sacrifices made by him to safeguard the country and the religion.
- Referring to Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao Programme, the Chief Minister said that the Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi had launched this programme two years ago on January 22 from Panipat which has considerably improved the sex ratio in the state. Now it has crossed the mark of 900, he added.
- He stressed the need to check the gap in the sex ratio for bringing a change in the country. Similarly, change could also be brought by making the people conscious of cleanliness. He urged the people to ensure their participation in making the state open defecation free. Quoting example of village Seechewal in Punjab, the Chief Minister said that Baba Balbir Singh had launched a campaign for the development of the village under which its residents themselves made arrangements for sewerage and irrigation and linked the village with Bein river. Therefore, each person can launch a campaign, at his own level, for the development of five to seven villages.
- It was informed in the meeting that a special chariot, which was used on January 5 at Patna Sahib, would be arranged for the function to be organised at Karnal on February 12. Apart from this, Nagar Kirtans would be organised across the state on February 11 which would assemble in Karnal on February 12. ‘Langar Sewa’ would also be organised at various points on the way from where the Nigar Kirtans would pass.
- Earlier, Chief Parliamentary Secretary, Mr. Bakhshish Singh Virk said that the function to celebrate the 350th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in Karnal, would be organised by rising above politics and all parties and organisations would be invited.
- Chief Secretary, Mr D. S. Dhesi assured the representatives of Sant Samaj that the State Government would make all arrangements for the success of the celebrations.
- Chandigarh, Jan 21 – Haryana Chief Minister, Mr. Manohar Lal today said that Yashpal Malik was not doing any good by directly or indirectly politicizing the issue of Jat reservation. Mr Yashpal Malik should not politicize the issue of Jat reservation, he added.
- The Chief Minister, who was interacting with mediapersons here today, was asked about opposition by Jat leader Yashpal Malik against the BJP in States of Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Uttarakhand.
- The Chief Minister appealed to the people to maintain peace and do not participate in any kind of agitation which is politically motivated. He said that it was not right to participate in such agitations. Politicizing such agitations is condemnable and this can’t do any good. He said that as far as Jat reservation was concerned, the State Government has enacted a law and now the issue is with the court.
- In reply to a question concerning how to deal with the Jat reservation agitation, the Chief Minister said that the Government would respond if the matter is taken up in a peaceful manner, but if peaceful atmosphere is vitiated, the Government would deal with it.
- On being asked about the recommendations of Prakash Singh Committee, he said that the Government would consider only those recommendations that are worth considering and would act on these as it would deem fit.