Press Releases 22-01-2017
- Chandigarh January 22: Yog Guru Swami Ram Dev called on Haryana Chief Minister, Mr Manohar Lal in New Delhi today and discussed first of its kind World Herbal Forest being developed in Morni in district Panchkula. Recently, Haryana Forest Department has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Patanjali Anusandhan Sansthan Divya Yog Mandir Trust, Haridwar in this regard.
- The Chief Minister said that this Herbal Forest would prove to be an appropriate platform for the doctors associated with ayurveda and scientists as they could get detailed information about species of various medicinal plants here and conduct their research work accordingly.
- Mr Manohar Lal said that land in Morni would be remained either with local people or with the Forests department. The people would also obtain new technique of cultivation. Apart from the conservation of existing plants, a variety of about 25000 medicinal plants and herbs found in the country would be planted in this area. The forest would be divided in clusters for plantation.
- Swami Ram Dev said that he would not take any economic or commercial benefit from this forest as his aim was to do social service by way of making available to the people, the benefit of various medicinal plants developed by him. He said that the herbal forest being developed in Haryana would be the first of its kind in the world. He assured the Chief Minister that the team of his scientists would provide full support and cooperation to the State Government in developing this Herbal Forest.
- He said that saplings of maximum species found in the country would be planted in this herbal forest. Apart from this, Patanjali Anusandhan Sansthan would also provide its assistance in plantation of medicinal plants at open spaces and creating a favourable atmosphere for students and scientists for medical research.
- Chandigarh January 22: Haryana Chief Minister, Mr Manohar Lal said that Egypt will be the partner country and Jharkand will be the Theme State for the 31st Surajkund International Crafts Mela-2017 to be organized at Surajkund in Faridabad from February 1 to February 15, 2017.
- Mr Manohar Lal who was interacting with the media persons in Faridabad today said that Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Dr Mahesh Sharma would be special guest during the inaugural function. He said that all necessary arrangements have been made for organizing this event in a befitting manner.
- While congratulating the Party for landslide victory in the elections for the Municipal Corporation of Faridabad, the Chief Minister said that the entire credit for this goes to the welfare policies and programmes of the present BJP government at the Centre and the State. He said that Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi had lunched the ambitious Beti Bachao Bati Padhao Programme at National Level from Panipat on January 22, 2015. After the implementation of this programme, sex ratio in Haryana has been considerably improved and this has now reached to over 900 as against 850 earlier.
- The Chief Minister said the 350th Prakas Utsas of Guru Gobind Singh ji would be celebrated in Karnal on February 12, 2017 in a befitting manner and necessary arrangements were being made for organizing this event. He said that such types of programme proved instrumental in acquainting our young generation about the contribution made by the great personalities.
- In reply to a question, the Chief Minister reiterated that law and order situation would be ensured in the State in all circumstances.
- Those other present on this occasion included Chief Parliamentary Secretary Mrs Seema Trikha, MLAs namely Mr Moolchand Sharma and Mr Tek Chand Sharma and other senior officers of the District Administration .